Tuesday, March 10, 2015

28mm Hedges

Inspired by this YouTube video I've just completed these hedges that I plan to use on my Bolt Action tables. The set consists of eight straight pieces, eight corner pieces and two gates. I made the gates and wooden bases on my laser but they could have easily been done with hand tools by switching the gate style to a plain wooden gate. I've attempted to use some faux painting techniques to make the gate posts look like granite. I'm only partially satisfied with the look, but since this is only a terrain piece, it's probably as good as it's going to get.

If you're interested in making some for yourself, I used heavy duty scotch brite brand scouring pads that I purchased at the big box home improvement store. Two packages ran me about $4.00 total. The spray paint and blended turf flocking I had on hand in my shop, but I would guess I only used a few dollars worth of each. Pretty good deal to get all this terrain for under ten bucks and a couple hours of work.




1 comment:

Rodger said...

They are brilliant and I am going make some too!