Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10mm Modern Buildings

Apologies to my readers that follow this blog for the historical gaming content. These are two 10mm modern buildings that I designed and built using the assistance of my laser engraver. They could be used for modern era historical gaming, but as you can see by the drop ship in the photos that I'm using for scale, my intention for these is for science fiction gaming for the game Dropzone Commander.

The large blue tower is modeled loosely after Boston's John Hancock tower (although mine is significantly shorter) and the left one is a residential apartment building. Both will later be adorned with vegetation to emulate an abandoned city.



5 comments:

Rodger said...

Very nice buildings. The laser engraver opens up a lot of possibilities!!

AdamC1776 said...

Nice work AJ, I was thinking that at least some of the Glass in your "Hancock Tower" should be broken if its and abandon city. Do you have any thoughts on pulling that off? Love the look and feel of these.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

I'm going to crack the glass by scribing it deeply with an X-acto blade. This is tempered safety glass, it won't actually fall out of the building for centuries is my guess.

Unknown said...

Nice buildings. Makes me wish I had a laser cutter.

I would suggest using a scriber on the glass not a knife, it's a lot safer. There is a post on my blog showing how to make one for free (http://sixdsix.co.uk/?p=543). Also I found that if you are going for the overgrown look a wash of green ink here and there gives the glass a nice algae stained look

Adler Hobby & Board Game Cafe said...

I hope we can nail a day and time down to start playing this regularly at the Adlernest I've had a few folks asking about this for two weeks now!