Friday, February 3, 2012

Destroyed Supply Truck - FOW Objective Marker

This is an objective marker I've painted up for my German Stutzpunkt defensive force. The piece was originally designed for what I think was an Italian village scene with cobble stone pavement and a destroyed wall. Since I wanted to use this for my North Africa German army I covered the cobble stones with sand, but kept the wall. I imagine on the Mediterranean coast of North Africa tile roofs aren't all that uncommon, or at least weren't back in 1942.

The scene shows what I believe is a Mercedes truck that was knocked out by a near miss shell burst. Cargo is spilled about and the truck sits pushed up against the broken wall. Other than re-decorating the base the only other things I did was to paint it up and add some Silfor grass tufts on the open areas. I have one more objective to go for this army which will featured a destroyed Panzer IIc tank. The rest of the scene I haven't figured out yet.

In my 2012 painting totals I'm going to count this as a vehicle. I think it's the category that fits the closest.



8 comments:

Leigh said...

That's a nice piece. Who made it, or did you scratch-build.convert it?

Kiwicolourstudio@gmail.com said...

Nice work AJ. :)

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

It's a pre-made piece I got from the LHS. I'll ask them tomorrow who makes it.

Rodger said...

Now that is cool! Very nice work.

Geminian said...

It`s little pieces like this that can give that extra interest to a game.

Mike said...

That is very cool. I played my first game of FoW this morning and really enjoyed it.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

The objective is made by Forged in Battle miniatures.

Giles said...

Another beautiful piece, AJ.

Best wishes

Giles