Monday, February 15, 2010

French 12 lb. Mortar

This is a French 12 lb. mortar model that was created by Friedrich Giesler. I first saw this model over on Friedrich's Blog. I posted a comment about how much I liked it and Friedrich was kind enough to offer me one for just the cost of postage from Europe to the USA. This is a home-cast model, and considering that it has great detail and was easy to paint. I've always wanted some mortar models, but up until I found Friedrich's blog I hadn't found any that I was very happy with. I'm honored that I was able to get this one.

I've painted the model up with a natural wood carriage, so that I can use it not only with my French troops, but also with other nationalities. Since I don't glue my guns to my bases, I can easilly move the mortar between all of my AWI armies. Here I've displayed it on a French artillery stand, since that's how it was designed to be used. I'd like to publicly thank Friedrich for his generous offer. If you haven't visited his blog, there's a lot of interesting AWI figures there, and some other one-of-a-kind scratch-built artillery models. Friedrich is quite the sculpter. Maybe some figure company should offer him a job!

4 comments:

Broeders said...

Nice looking piece of kit, Al. Looks like it can do some damage on the battlefield.

Giles said...

I like that a lot - something a bit different. Very nicely painted too, AJ.

Bets wishes

Giles

Broeders said...

Al

Just realised who you are on the FOG Forum!

Will look out for your posts there as well.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Yeah I joined there a 'pease1' but then couldn't change and didn't want to lose my old posts, so I'm stuck with it there.

AJ